26.12.06

RIP James Brown

RIP James Brown It’s safe to say, that I am not the biggest fan of the Christmas holiday, I feel more comfortable being a giver than a receiver…(oo’er missus). And although I have mellowed on the festive humbug attitude since my kids have come on the scene…I’m still not quite there.

Nevertheless, when asked if I believe in Santa Claus…the answer will always come back ‘yes’ (remember, I have kids…plus I am still young at heart). However, that belief has been put to the test because I cannot see how Santa can give with one hand and take away with another.

What am I talking about? Soul legend, James Brown, the 'Godfather of Soul' who had more than 119 chart hits in the US and recorded over 50 albums, died this Christmas at the young old of age 73. The original sex machine had been admitted to hospital in Atlanta for treatment of severe pneumonia and lost the fight.


I send a big shout out (and I hope you will join me) to his family and loved ones, James was an icon and will be sorely missed. Moreover, he was in the Blues Brothers, for Christ sake…that has to be worth a minutes silence on its own.

Please, Please, Please rest in peace James.

No comments: